Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Feeling a bit weepy today

Hi,

Just feeling like crap today, waiting for my AF to arrive, I'm due on Saturday 21st, but so hoping it doesn't come. I just keep thinking about Ewan today and how it's just over 3 weeks to my original due date. It seems like a lifetime ago that we lost him, but it's only been 9 weeks this week :\( It's just not fair that we're hoping to get pregnant when I should be 8 months pregnant now!! Anyway, i've had a good cry at my desk today, luckily no-one came in!! I know it's down to missing Ewan, but also think i'm terrified of getting a BFP :\?

Anyway, moan / weep over for now and I feel better for it!!

I hope you ladies are all ok xx

Replies

• Oh dotty, I can really empathise with you and am so sorry you are feeling like this. I'm also an emotional wreck at the moment although I'm not crying, it's there waiting I just keep pushing it away.
    Although I still want a bfp it is horrible to think we shouldn't even have to and that our babies would have been here soon. It's totally irrational but I also feel like if no bfp this month, I'm a month further away from when Angel should have been here. I'm absolutely not trying to replace her and I know you are not doing that with Ewan but at the same time the need to be pregnant now is consuming me and I am dreading having to go through this all again next month. I'm actually petrified of seeing a bfn now that I feel sick with the thought of testing!????

I know too well that I can't make any of this hurt stop but just wanted you to know you are not alone, take care w4b x

I will email you later as I know be is a great place to ask for people to talk but sometimes you feel too public.????
    ????
  • Hi Dotty

How are you? I hope that AF has not arrived. The way you are feeling is totally normal. It's very early days after losing Ewan and it's only natural that you want another baby. I've heard of another couple of friends this week who are pg and it seems so unfair that others seem to get pg with no effort and have no problems with a pregnancy. I don't wish losing a baby on anyone but I wish that people would be more sensitive to those of us that have lost a child.

Thinking of you.

George, x
  • Hi George,
    I'm feeling better thank you, and AF has well and truly arrived!! The one good thing about it is that this is my 2nd AF since losing Ewan and my first proper measure of my cycle, so at least I know I am back on a 28 day cycle. I'm not giving up, maybe we'll have a xmas bean, next AF will be due on the 19th Dec.

How are you doing George35? Any sign of a BFP yet??

Fingers crossed for this month xx
  • Hi Dotty

Sorry that your AF arrived but good you are sounding positive. I always feel a bit down when AF arrives, usually after I have used a couple of pg tests in hope, but then I start counting days until I start testing for ov again!

No good news for me yet I'm afraid. OV happened according to CB Digital this week, coincided with my wedding anniversary so fingers crossed but I'm not feeling too hopeful. I have a lousy cold and feel rotten so have not put in as much effort as normal. Still, you never know, maybe the more relaxed approach will work!

Got hubby taking zinc supplements this week following advice from good friend who is also ttc. Willing to give anything a go!

George, x