Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I'm back!

Hi All

I've not been on for a while. Sorry! I have not been coping too well and have just felt unable to post anything I guess. But I'm back and I am so pleased to read about some positive news!

Not much new with me. Still ttc, now on 8th month which I am finding quite hard. I have started seeing a counsellor which I think is helpful. It felt odd talking to a stranger at first but strangely I feel a bit better after I have sat and cried for an hour! I guess I bottle up my emotions and it helps to release them. Maybe I should have been coming on here more often.

I used the CBFM this month. An expensive piece of kit but I figured that if it works it would be considerably cheaper than IVF! AF is due this week. Fingers crossed but I no longer get my hopes up every month, I expect the dissapointment. Maybe my negative attitude is not helping. I have made an appointment to see my GP to get referred to a fertility expert, on the advice of my counsellor. Although in theory I don't have a fertility problem because I have had 3 pregnancies (1 early mc, 1 healthy full term baby - now 2, and sadly 1 PROM and the death of my beautiful daughter) things can change and it won't hurt to get things checked out.

It's nice to be back.

George, x

Replies

• Options
    Hi George35,

Just wanted to say welcome back and thanks for posting on my thread as i'm new to this part...

I'm glad that you feel able to share how you are feeling again and that the counsellor is helping....its early days for us but i only feel able to chat on here and to my hubby so i appreciate how difficult it is.

Good luck with ttc and with seeing your gp for the referral, i hope it all goes well...i think seeing your gp anyway can only but help.

Take care xxx
  • Options
    Hi George,
    Good to see you back on here!! Its good that you're seeing a counsellor, sometimes it helps to speak to a stranger. But we are all here for you too, this forum has been invaluable to me, I don't know what I would have done without it!!

I never got round to getting a CBFM, I just used the cheap opk's, but i believe they are great and i've heard a lot of stories of women who have fallen pregnant while using them. If you ever need any advice you should post in the ttc forum, there are lots in there that use them. It won't hurt to get referred to the fertility experts, at least it will rule out any doubts you may be having.
    Anyway, good to see you back, keep us up to date on how you're doing xx
  • Options
    Hi George, i'm Kathryn and i'm new to this site. Just wanted to say hi! Hope that seeing a counsellor will be some help to you. I thought about seeing one after Ryan died (he died when I was 37wks pregnant last Sept), but I didn't go ahead, but i sometimes wonder if the problems I try to cope with daily mite be more bearable and I mite understand the way i'm feeling more and why, if I talked them thru with a counsellor. However, my OH and talking on here with women who have had similar experiences have been a great support.
    I wish you all the luck in the world with ttc, fingers crossed you'll soon have some gud news, God knows you deserve it.
    Take care, Luv Kathryn xxx
  • Options
    Lovely to see you back hun! I also spoke to a concellor, against my better judgement at the time, but found it helped a lot! Good luck with TTC, can't wait to hear news on your BFP xxx
  • Options
    Hi ladies.

Thanks for your kind messages and warm welcome back!

Welcome to this forum Kathryn and I am sorry for your loss. Counselling is interesting. I did not think I needed it initially then I suddenly felt I was not coping. I had another session today and I really feel it is helping me to make more sense of my feelings, which in turn helps me to deal with them.

George, x
  • Options
    hiya george
    welcome back,
    it took us 8 months to concieve after my daughter died, its not long really although i do know it seems forever wen everymonth the whole saga
    glad u r finding it helpful seeing a counsellor, may be just what u need and the fertility expert.. u will prob get preg straight away now.. thats what u normally hear of lol
    take care
    Lisaxx
  • Options
    Hi good to see you back (im just G/C this forum but like to check up on you all)

Im glad your seeing someone, i hope to and i hope it helps. I think it always helps to see doctor about fertility at least you feel like you are doing something if that makes sense?

take care and good luck ttc