Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement

really bad day

just need to get this off my chest as i'm still so upset and angry at the same time ,
i have a staff he's 11 and always had issuses (HEAD SHOT),
and if given the oppatunity will pee on my bed so i keep my door shut and he stays in the kitchen , in my bed is charlies babygrow and blanket that he was in i sleep with it every night , when i went to get dressed some how the dog had got into my room and dug up my covers and pi*!ded all over charlies blanket !!!!!!!!!!!!
As u can imagine i was and am deverstated i never wanted to wash it it was all i had of charlie that had his smell on and i'm just so gutted i nearly killed the dog , and as i sat sobbing handwashing the blanket my neighbour heard me crying ( i must of been crying very loud ) she came in and calmed me down and stopped me from doing the dog from serious damage ,
i'm finding my emothions hard to get to grips with at the mo with dealing with how i feel about charlie and new pregnancy hormnoes too so all i've done is cry all day , thats it really feel better now for getting it down ,
hope your all ok loove to all the angel babies xx love and miss u so much charlie xxxxx

Replies

• Hi,we havnt spoke before ive seen you post on here but never actually responded to a thread you have been on....i know that you lost a child and im so sorry to hear this..i have no idear what you must of gone through,ive had 3 mmc but i would never compare it to what you have had to go through.i understand you would of wanted to "obliterate"the dog and it must be beyond belief that he pissed on the blanked that still has you babys smell on it..there isnt really a point to my post but i didnt want to read and run.im so sorry for your loss and if im very much mistaken i think your pregnant again right?.if so i wish you all the best.you have been through something no parent should ever have to go through.my DHs mom had her first child pass away when he was 6 months...and 4 months after she caught with my hubby.shes always said that her loss still hurts to this day she believes her firstborn sent her my DH to let er know he was watching over her.im sorry to be rambling....today was actaully my EDD for the first baby i lost so its been a hard day.....if you ever feel like you need to offoad to a compleate stranger or rant and rave im usualy lurking on these forums alot....if you do a FAO thread il always listen to you

all the best,sending hugs,leanne
  • thanks hunnie thats so nice i'm so sorry for your losses to take care xxx
  • Oh, thats awful!
    I don't have anything from my son, we weren't given any advice or information on what to take with us to the hospital so he was dressed in hospital clothes and i never thought to ask for anything as my head was all over the place. Regretting it now!!

I know its not the same, but at least the dog didn't destroy the babygrow and you still have that. I know it won't be the same without the scent of Charlie and i really feel your pain.

Sending big hugs (((((xx)))))

Jackie x
  • Hi. What can I say? I'm just really sorry, that's awful and I know I would be desperately upset too. I get protective even if someone picks up the photo frame we have with a picture of our daughter. I keep the little hat she wore and the blanket she was wrapped in, in a drawer. I worried when we went away for a week in case we were robbed. How ridiculous is that?! Hope you forgive the dog. Take care. Charlie will know that you love him. George35, x
  • Oh I'm so sorry, I too would have been furious, but I'm so glad that the dog didn't rip them to shreds. I also keep the blanket, prints etc in a box and worry about being robbed or the building burning down or equal neurotic fears, I guess though it is like all other precious things that mean so much to you, you hope they stay and if not they will still remain embedded in your heart and memory. I know it doesn't make it any easier and you were lucky to still have these things in one piece but please try to remember even if they hadn't it wouldn't have taken Charlie from your heart x
  • Oh I'm so sorry, I too would have been furious, but I'm so glad that the dog didn't rip them to shreds. I also keep the blanket, prints etc in a box and worry about being robbed or the building burning down or equal neurotic fears, I guess though it is like all other precious things that mean so much to you, you hope they stay and if not they will still remain embedded in your heart and memory. I know it doesn't make it any easier and you were lucky to still have these things in one piece but please try to remember even if they hadn't it wouldn't have taken Charlie from your heart x