Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What do u say/ which box do u tick when....

The question is, do you have any/other children?

Sorry for the horrible question but i really struggle with this one. I was just filling out a form and it asks 'do you have any other children' yes or no. Now if somebody asked me do you have children, i make a point of saying, well yes but unfortunatley.... , but if i tick yes, the next question is there age etc etc. and theres just no space on the form to be explaining things. But i dont want to tick 'no' because that would make me feel as if i was dissmissing Darcey. What do you do/say? ;-S xx

Replies

• I would say yes hun, and just write a note explaining Darcey is in heaven rather than here. xxx
  • Hi,
    I would say in your circumstances you can say yes, but put an explanation as Darcey was born alive. In my circumstances it would probably depend on the type of form i was completing as stillbirth would not be recognised. If it were pregnancy related then it would be a definite yes, if it were official then it would have to be no xx
  • I think it depends on what kind of form it is but legally darcey was acknowledged and therefore you could put yes and just put n/a through age with brief explanation.
    For me I can not put Angel down and it is hard because you feel you are not acknowledging them but if I'm ever asked 'do I have any other children or does zachariah have any siblings' I do say no because I don't on earth and I have no desire to go into it with every inquisitive person. However when I filled my pregnancy notes in I did write her into other children, gave her dob, a line through age now and a brief explanation, died in womb - induced still birth. I think for pregnancy it's important they know what has happened so that they can assess any future risks, you'll have plenty of chance to explain at a later date face to face in more detail.
    It's a very easy question to be asked but such a hard one to answer. I don't think you need to worry about not acknowledging darcey as regardless of your answer you and she knows she's in your heart x