Forum home Birth clubs
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Welcome to Due in October 2014!

Replies

Would like to say thank you to everyone for the support, this is my little man 7wks 2days image

• hello ladies, I'm currently 9+5 with baby number four, i have three amazingly wonderful daughter's already and am looking forward to getting to know you all and to sharing our journeys. I'm due 15th of ocotber but will be having a section at no later than 38weeks due to health and previous complications so will be having baby two weeks early. nice to "meet"you all xxxx

• Congratulations sarah lou!

Sarah that's a fab scan pic, so glad all was fine. 

Hellooooo keepthefaith image 

Xx

• hey sian, i am so feeling my age with all this tech stuff haha I'm going to have to get my nine year old to help me lol how are you today hun? xxxx

• thanks sian image hope all is well your end xx

• Hey ladies, I am doing fine, just been to tesco and bought 7 chocolate bars haha! To be fair though, it's one of the few things I can manage to eat. They had a 4 pack of wispas for £1 then I saw Galaxy Ripples were 3 for £1.20 and you get a code for free Kindle books, so I HAD to do it! image

Feeling a bit sad at the moment. I didn't want to tell any friends/family about the baby until after 12 week scan and then obviously wanted to tell people myself. But two of my friends now know and not through me. Someone from my DIN12 group somehow knows, I guess from seeing my name on here? And has mentioned it to some people on another group. Someone from that group is friends with my friends so asked them if it was me, so now they know. 

I knew there was a chance someone I know might recognise me on here but figured the chances were slim and that if some did see me they wouldn't say anything, knowing that generally people keep quiet until 12 weeks :/

Oh well, 6 days until my scan and hopefully no one else will suss before then! 

How is everyone else today?xx

• ahh sian what a bummer!  the old gossip/rumour mill never stops churning hey!? hope it manages to stay under your hat until your ready to spill the beans yourself. mmmm chocolate!  :-P  why not treat yourself hun, free kindle books aside I'd have been all over it like a  rash haha anything that makes us feel better hey!! xxx

• Thank you!

Ah Sian thats annoying, me and DH told our parents when we found out and after our dating scan at 9weeks we told everyone and I put it on Facebook *facepalm* I can't hold my own water sometimes! I'm not worried though, I have had straight forward pregnancies and labours etc, no health problem.

I'm having a gender scan at 16 on 23rd april I'm so excited, it was a birthday present, I've got a countdown widget on my phone counting down the days, to that and my consultant app on 4th April (prone to water infections, don't feeli need a consultant tho?) I have my next midwife app at 15week too, hoping to hear the babies heart then aswell image

. Has anybody else got any appointments lined up? Pleased to meet you all anyway xx

Sarah 10+6
  • Keepthefaith I'm using the fact that you get free e-books as justification for being such a greedy so-and-so hehe! image

SarahLou13 I would have told people at 9 weeks if I had a scan then too! Mine isn't until Monday when I'll be exactly 12 weeks, I'm so worried about jinxing things! Can you say no to being consultant-led? I'll see midwife around 16 weeks and been told I should see consultant between 20-24 weeks, so apart from my dating scan I've not got any appointments for a while. A gender scan is a lovely and exciting birthday present! xx

• Sian oh thats horrid huni i know there is always a chance someone will know someone on these sites but out of respect you dont say any thing....not long to go now till your scan bet you cant wait!

I have midwifes on the 30th of this month il be 9wks 2days, she will give me a date for my 12wk scan then, she offered another scan on the 30th but i said no il be ok to wait now, then il see her again at 16 weeks and then another scan around the 20wks mark then i think she said coz its my 2nd i wouldnt see her again till 26-28 weeks unless needed to, i think il have to do the glucoss test again image xxx

• Ah Sian it was because I couldn't go out drinking hehe! I did say I didn't feel I needed one but the mw said its routine because I had a hospital admission with my last pregnancy because of a nasty water infection. Oh well, glad to know they're making sure but feel someone who really needs it could have my app! Xx

Sarah seems the more babies we have the less appointments we need hehe xx
  • hi ladies  i have an appointment with my h/r consultant today at two o'clock. it will be the first person i see though a  still haven't hear  from a mw despite ringing them on Monday and being told I'd be contacted yesterday.i had a feeling that wasn't going to happen so rang the high risk clinic yesterday and they said that absolutely n  way should i have been left this long without being seen by somebody and made me the appointment for today. I'm consultant led due to a blood disorder, a physical disability a blood clot on my lung last year and a complete placental abruption at 40+5 with my second dd. i shall be very clear today how annoyed i am that I've been left this long and basically had to arrange my own appointments an  care so far and i will also be letting them know if it continues to be the caseni WILL be suing them for neglect as the previous abruption and blood clot were also caused by their neglect as were my seven misscarriages.  they've been lucky i haven't sued them yet to b  fair lol. 

hi sarhlou, congratulations on your pregnancy hunni image xxxx 

ps im ten weeks today. xxxx

• Thank you keep the Faith! No way should you have been left that long! Glad you have an appointment today and hopefully the consultant can hurry your midwife appointment up! Yes they are very lucky I hope you get all the car you need and deserve! Xxx

I'm 11 weeks today! Xx
  • I meant care of course, but who wouldn't love a new car, I know I would haha xx
  • Good luck today keepthefaith at your appointment about time they sorted you out lol 10 weeks today! 2 weeks till your scan whoop whoop!!!!!!!!

• Hello everyone. 

I've been away for a while, so haven't had the chance to check in on your all lately. But it lovely to see so many more of you now!

A big hello and welcome from me and the rest of BXHQ to:

sarahrowland2: yay at your BFP and scan!

Vickster77: welcome back to BX. Always great to see old-timers return!

Blackkat: we've 'met' on the Weaning pages; nice to see you here!

flumpsmummy: hope you've managed to come up with a solution for the weight-challenge thing - that's a proper head scratcher!

Dutchwifey: hope you're feeling a bit less tired now

Maybenumber3: know what you mean about hoping for a girl this time. I did, too, with my 3rd - but ended up with a boy and don't regret it for a moment now!

Twinee: bet everyone will drive you MAD asking if you're expecting twins again!

Alabama2: hope you're hanging in there - it's not long to the 24th now!

keepthefaith: we've 'met' before too! Really hope today's appointment went well

and SarahLou13: haha at your Facebook announcement *facepalm*

Hope all the rest of you are doing well, too. Well, apart from the vomming and the knackeredness and the aches all over... 

• Hi ladies 

Am i just going crazy or is his normal???? i seem to have lost all symptoms today! sickness feeling GONE! tiredness GONE! sore nipples yet you got it GONE!

with my son i had no symptoms till i hit 10 weeks, so was over the moon to feel so sick and tired this early, am i just freaking out over nothing?????? 

I know it must sound crazy but iv never wanted to feel sick in my life before but id do any thing to feel it again now! 

• Hi Sarah rowland 2,

last week my nausea went, boobs felt better and my food aversions went away! I even wanted to do the bed dance again! But then after a few days of feeling great they all came back! So maybe yours will, I have read that its normal for lots of women for their symptoms to go earlier than the 2nd trimester, you could just be lucky image I had a look online when my symptoms went away and it seems to be normal!

Sarah xx

11weeks
  • Thanks for your warm welcome Helen image my life is a series of facepalm moments, always saying the wrong thing /inappropriate things, tripping up etc haha!
  • hey sarah lou, a new car would be just as nice hehe i sufffer from "predictive text syndrome" and my kindle fire is forever "correcting" an  changing or removing my  words and letters it drives me crazy  i have to be careful as for some blizzare reason when i type "sonographer" it always automatically corrects it to "masturbator" image  lmao so annoying and embarrassing!!  

hope all of you lovely ladies are well? xxxxm