Forum home Birth clubs

Welcome to Due in October 2014!

Replies

• Hey ladies hope you're all well! Anyone go to the Next sale this weekend? Our store was rubbish, I got one pair of jeans for me son! Today am chilling at home while OH is doing the shopping image I've got my dating scan tomorrow @ 11, i've been really nervous but last night I managed to pick up baby's heartbeat on my doppler

• Ooo how wonderful lol. Hubby shopping, hearing heartbeat and only a day away from yr scan. image

Im jealous. I'm sitting alone with a ton of washing and ironing to do, dinner to make, feeling sorry for myself and queasy to boot. My son is away on a 5 day school trip tomorrow so his packed lunch needs doing once I pack the last few bits in his suitcase.

Then up at 6am cos I have got to go back to work after having ten days holiday, which wasn't really a holiday as I have just lay on the sofa for most of it. Xxx
  • Aww bless you hun, I havent been doing the ironing lately as standing up that long with the heat of the iron makes me feel rotten, I think you should just leave it! How old is your son? I can't imagine the day when my son will start going on school trips, I will probably cry! Hope you get a good sleep tonight ahead of your early start xx

• Lol I cnt leave it. Will b doing it later as the school uniform is still wet. My daughters lol.

My son is 11 and will be 12 just after lo is born. My due date is his birthday but the baby will be born before that a s I think its going to be a csection.

Feeling a little less sorry for myself as I was sick just after posting earlier and spent the whole afternoon on the phone and my children are at home and arguing amongst themselves..groan lol xx
  • me too! sick its so fun, seem to have had a cough for the last 2 months had gone  away  for two weeks but its back again. just come back from taking my sons almost 3 and almost 5 to nannies for the afternoon to a full half hr of vomitting started by my lovely cough. suffice to say I now havent eaten to day. just starting their bedtime... bath and collapse cant believe its monday tomorrow my fiance has been doing 12 hr shifts fo almost 2 weeks straight and has another 5 to go. so between walking the kids to and from school which is a gd hr walk im just about ready to wave a white flag and give up!

I was looking online at the  next sale seen 2 pairs of trousers that im tempted by, think I shall order them. if I dont drown in the bath.

• That seems like far too much on yr plate. Hope u get some rest soon xxx roll on the second trimester x
  • Keepthefaith im here huni image

sorry been away just needed some me time, really struggling to eat at the moment iv not been sick once but just feel full all the time and have a complete lack of energy im finding it hard to keep going during the day but i cant nap coz of little man.

Symptoms are still coming and going and just trying to focus on getting to the 12 weeks stage.

Samantha hope your ok huni, when will you know if you have to have a c section?? 

hope everyone else is good and feeling fab besides the morning sickness lol 

xxxx

• I had my dating scan this morning, all looks good, baby was waving and sucking thumb. I've been put forward 2 days so actually 12+2 and due 04/10 x

• sian that's wonderful news your due date is the day before my eldests birthday image yay. so pleased for you hunni. did you get a pic?? are you planning on telling your family soon hun as i know you were waiting for your scan til you told them. if it's ok with you and once you've told ur family pretty please could we have.  peek at your beautiful bean?? xxxxx

hi sarah hunni, glad you're ok i was worried about you hun and stupid phone has eaten my credit again. i think dd has been making cheeky calls on it tbh as my credit seems to be going nowhere. have u had ur scan appointment yet hun? xxxxx

bleeding has gotten really bad for me today so i  think it's over for us. it's REALLY heavy now, a lot heavier than itsever been. going to ring epu in the morning and ask them to do a confirmation scan. ironically i got my twelve week scan appointment today! it was for the wrong hospital but hey, didn't expect anything else from the clowns, i mean healthcare "professionals" here.  i do hope it's ok with you ladies if i pop on from time to time to see how you are all getting on. we wont be trying again as i know my body has had enough and emotionally i am too battered to put myself through this again feeling very sad but as per usual I'm TRYING to be practical but i know once the scans confirmed it, that's when I'll break properly. i am scared to death of the pain to come as ive lost one at this stage before and needed gas and air and pethidine to pass it, i am 11 weeks on Wednesday so should know if i pass it tonight. I'm just so scared I'll pass it in the night and that pain will hit :'( xxxx

• Huni i messaged you on the other post, can you reply if it txt you? xx

• hi ladie.. i will be ringing epu as soon as dh gets back from scho run. I'm going to beg if i have to to be seen today as i need closure now. i know its over but need them to confirm it so i can begin to deal with it  it's been a  loooong five weeks and i just hope today the epu are as supportive as they have been so far and can help me. i wanted to say a huge thankyou to all of you wonderful ladies for the support you have given me throughout this pregnancy. i will update when i can. sarah, i will text you hunni and keep u posted ,, a big thankyou to u hunni for being so wonderful xxxx

• Remember we are all here to support you huni, im sure every one on here will be keeping our fingers and toes crossed for you babes xxxx

• Thinking of you xxx
  • Hi ladies a little note for you all Keepthefaith will update you all when her internet is back on xxxx

• hi ladies. just to update on my situation, rang epu this morning and explained the bleeding had gotten bad etc they put me on hold while they "spoke to a doctor" thrn came bk on the phone and said "docotr said he wants you to come in and get checked out if the bleeding is bad so i went straight down. got there and was told to take a seat in the waiting room which I did, people came and went and an hour passed by and a nuse asked me "what are you here for, is it the clinic it's just youve been here ages and i keep seeing you sat here when i come out" i said I'd spoken to someone on the phone and been asked to come down due to severe bleeding she didn't say anything else an  just walked off. she kept passing me after that and didn't even look at me. we went to desk and asked what was going on as i was bursting for a wee by this point n didn't know if they needed me to hold it for a scan?? they said "oh you wont be having a scan but the doctor will speak to you so go for a wee as we'll accept no responsibility if u get a uti from holding it" inhad a wee and sat there for nearly another hour as people came for scans and cooed over their pic  on the way out smiling. i asked again what was happening and they said "well, the doctor would have seen you but it's the middle of a clinic now so he's busy" i just broke down and asked what was the point in asking me to come down, the receptionist said sorry if i could help.  would but I'm just the receptionist. i just left, they had the nerve  say "if you feel u need to come back then u can do and try ringing ur midwife"  i sat there for two hours for NOTHING. i rang my mw when i got home and told her i just need to know if I've misscarried, i can't just stay in limbo like this nd she said "you're not stupid, you've been here loads of times before you know it's not looking good. why did you go to the epu this morning!?" i said cos they said to go down and get checked out so she rang them and managed to get an appointment for ten fifteen on thursday for a scan and said if the bleeding gets any worse go to a and e. my mw said we "might aswell cancel todays appointment with her and leave any further involvement with them for now" and to "update her about the scan on Thursdays so she can sign me off" I'm so gutted i just wanna break down and cry, why do i always get treated like a worthless animal that doesn't matter!?? I'm having to hold it together as best i can cos i don't want my children to see me fall apart but I'm finding it INCREDIBLY hard right now.  i just want to crawl under a rock and stay there, the most annoying thing is i was the ONLY PERSON sat in that epu for an hour and a half before the "busy clinic" started and not one person saw me. the sonographer sat chatting to the receptionist having a brew and a laugh for the entire time and i just sat there like an idiot fslling apart. it cost me twenty pounds in taxis to be made to feel like THIS???? devastated isn't the word xxxxx

• thankyou sarah for being so wonderfully supportive today. i hope all of you ladies are ok and i apologize for bringing everybody down, i hate being a misery guts i just feel like the bottom has fallen out of my world right now image xxxxx

• Hello huni,

Im here babes 24/7 on the other end of the phone when ever you need it image

The way they have treated you today makes me sick to the bone the NHS have let you down big style and i would defo be thinking about a formal complaint what ever the out come might be thursday, for now all you can do is rest huni i know its easier said than done.

Has the bleeding slowed down at all since last night?? i know it must be hard trying to hold things together for the sake of your kids thats one of the hardest things i had to do last year was try not to cry in front of my son but some times you just cant help it....

Your little one has put up such a strong little fight so far babes i wish i could find that post for you to read i was telling you about, will have another look now im on the laptop xxxxx

• dont worry your not bringing anyone down, and have every right to be able to talk about it if you want to when youre finding family unsupportive.

I cant believe the nhs are being so cold, just because youve gone through miscarriages before DOESN'T mean you should be fobbed off to be a 'big girl ' and get on with it. its completely heartless and very unprofessional. whether it happens one or twenty times its still as heart breaking and painful possibly more so the more you have . I can't speak from experience as have fortunately not had one to this point. but until they know the baby is gone they should take better care of you. they should have given you that damn scan and not treated it like a done deal because it is not,  im shocked they made you wait after calling you in, and then sent  you home with nothing,  whats wrong with them!!!

fingers crossed that all hopes not lost xxx id ask for a different midwife she sounds like ***** 

• ahh thankyou sarah and piper. i am at the "angry stage" now, I've had a good blubber and snotted all over dh, and now I'm angry as hell. i could not stand there and watch somebody suffer like they did to me today and do nothing whatsoever to even TRY and help them. ESPECIALLY if the solutions were as readily at my fingertips and it was MY JOB!!!!  absolutely regardless of the outcome on Thursday, even if they find anothing but an inflatable banana in there, I'm going to be filing some serious complaints about this hospital. I, unlike them, cannot stand by and watch another woman be treated the way i have been today and for weeks. it's not on at all and it needs to chqnge. i thijk some of my new fojnd strength has come from your messages piper and sarah. thankyou for the amazingly supportive and encouraging words. if by some miracle i were to be still pregnant, i know it'd be more.than a miracle, how would they excuse this treatment then????? xxxxx

• Hi huni

I hope you managed to get some sort of sleep last night, and cry huni it does in some strage way help.

You have every right to see this through babes the way you have been treated sickens me to the bone and it does not put much faith into the NHS!!! 

Im hoping for that miracle thursday like im sure every lady on here is, we are all rooting for your little bean, such a strong little fighter from day 1!! 

Have you had any change in the last 24 hours? xxx