Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

Breast feeding

Im still breast feeding my daughter lilah who is nearly 14 months. It was so hard at the beggining because lilahs sucking reflex was poor and she got jaundice, my nipples were quite flat too which made it hard for her to latch on. I had engorged breasts, had sore cracked nipples and got maestitis twice. With the help of breast feeding experts i got through it. My only regret is that i didnt attend my local breast feeding support group to share my experience and offer advice. My health visitor said id be perfect as id encountered so many problems. Im working full time now and at first had to express milk whilst at work but not now as lilah suckles only at night. I love the closeness it gives us and will be sorry when it has to end as i dont expect it to be doing it much longer. My advice to other moms is to persevere as things really do get better. Its also best to have a good support network offering good advice and encouraging atmospheres, avoid negativity as this causes stress and may effect your milk production. Breast really is best. Thanks for reading.:lol: