Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

re: Feeding, colic and Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Bottle

Hi All,

I have a 7 week old baby whome has horrid colic. I have changed her from cow and gate to aptimil and then to the extra hungry as I was having to feed her every 2 hours! and she has colic. I have been using the tommee tippee closer to nature bottle and am finding them horrid to feed with. I have tried all the teats in the range and have found the anti-colic teats on te normal non anti colic bottles help her feed better but she sucks them flat and has started wanting to be fed every 2 hours again and then getting colic she seems to be even suffering in her sleep with it and is unsetteld for about an hour after her feed. I am at my wits end can anyone help please!!!!!

Replies

• Oh hunny i feel your pain! My lo had terrible colic, he used to scream for at least 3 hours every night, it was awful. I used the tommee tippee healthcheck bottles, which i dont think you can get any more, instead they have the closer to nature bottles but you need to look for the ones that have the little straws in them! They actually say anti colic on the box. My lo also used to want feeding again after 2 hours, but apparently they dont really want the milk they just want to suck as it eases the pain? Not sure how true that is. If she's sucking the teats flat it might be that she needs harder teats, the tommee tippee ones are quite soft. If you're happy to try different bottles, avent teats are quite hard, however i found that my lo's colic was worse with these. Thats not to say they wouldnt work for your lo though! Baby massage can help a lot, or lying baby on her tummy over your knees. You can also get anti colic pillows, i think they heat up, and you lie baby on it and its meant to help ease the pain. It was either on the mothercare ar babies r us website. And have you tried infacol or dentinox drops? We found they helped with bringing up his wind, you just give them a dropperful before their feed. My friend used infant gaviscon and found it great, but not sure if you need a prescription for that?
    Thats about all i can think of at the moment, hope it helps! xxxxx
  • Thanks for the info. Have tried infacol but it didnt seem to do much although it did make me aware that babies spit reflex developes quite early as dee can fire it out at force lol. will ask h.visitor about gaviscone and look in to getting one of those pillows if it doesnt work for the colic it may help me with the tired twitch I have developed. Also might give thoes dr browns bottles ago they are just sooooo expensive. prob cheeper than the cost of childcare whilst i am in the local mental institution tho!!!!
  • hi ya my lo has colic and i fed him with the closer to nature bottles. [the normal ones] and then tried him on the dr browns ones and he hated them. think it may of been coz the teats are such differents shape. so then went and spent MORE money on the closer to nature anti colic bottles [the ones with straws] and they work much better for him.