Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Please help me!!!

My little girl is now 6 weeks as your probably aware due to me posting on here before. I combine feed but mostly BF.I have a problem where Izzy uses me as a dummy and its getting worse. More often than not I give her a bottle,then she craves me to sooth her after which defeats the objects of the bottle but she won't accept a dummy. I sometimes leave her to cry because I know she isn't hungry,I've changed her etc etc but because she thinks she wants something her crying is never ending!
Has anyone experienced this?I'm trying to get her off the breast slowly.

Replies

• Are you sure she isn't hungry? A growth spurt at 6 weeks is very common and I remember at that age Toby wanted to feed ALL the time. What happens if you just keep feeding her?

C image
  • Hello.That's strange I was just reading one of your posts on cutting down breast feeds lol.
    I always start off with FF because I'm trying to get her off the breast.I always make up more than she will need like 6oz.She will take about 4oz and then craves me after. Sometimes she takes a bit more milk from me but mostly she just sucks after her bottle.She is making me very sore.
    The past few days she has fed from the bottle during the day and then yesterday she refused the bottle so I was worried if I had any milk to give her.
    Your right about her growth spurt.I didn't realise until you mentioned it so thankyou for that.She was really clingy ALL day!It looks like today is the same.Thankyou for your help.