Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How weird is this????

Last night we were out at dinner. It was an alternative Xmas Dinner (bizarre but fun). Amelia had had her last feed at 7 ish and usually either goes through the night or wakes at about 2 to 4 ish for a feed.

At 11.50 my boobs went all tingly and I had that surge you get when they are crying or due a feed. At that exact moment my phone rang and it was the babysitter saying she was crying. We were only 10 mins away so we came home and she had a long feed and slept till 9!

How weird though that I was out at a noisy restaurant and not thinking about her at the time but still the minute she wakes and cries I feel it a good 8 miles away!!!!!!!! Weird!!!!!!! The human body is an amazing thing.

d x

Replies

• I had that once - I went into town for a dentist appt and left LO with OH. When I was walking home, I felt the "let down reflex" then OH phoned me a few moments later "are you going to be long? He's crying I think he's hungry!"
    I thought it was a bit weird at first, but its not really - we have a very close bond with our babies. After all, we were once one being :\)
  • Actually I am constantly counting on that very same reflex to guide me with when to feed! It's difficult to schedule a breast feeding baby, this is a good way! image
  • the first time we ever left ollie with a friend and went out for a meal i said to mark (just before the main courses arrived) that Ollie was crying. He poo poohed me but noted the time.
    When we picked him up, i asked if he'd cried, and when it was.... the same time.... image:lol:

(the let down reflex did kick in another time, and it ended up with a very soggy top. :lol: )

xxxx
  • gosh how strange,not yet 2 experience this but goin out and my mums havin both kids while we r at wedding reception in couple of wks so it may happen then,i'll have 2 remember my breastpads!hanna n 6 wk old baby grace xxx
  • Yes, don't forget the breast pads - I keep getting caught out cos I don't like wearing them as they're quite uncomfy and show underneath tshirts etc, but having drowned myself a good few times when out I'm finally realising that it's better to take them with!

I've had this let down as well - get quite tingly and know that it must be feeding time!

Nature is such a clever thing.xx