Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Finally

Yay my lo has accepted a dummy (3months old) giving my boobs a well deserved break and also going into his cot instead of sleeping with me !

Replies

• Thats good Cara, you must feel you see light at the end of the tunnel now as opposed to lo being constantly attached to you. Well don for your lo settling into his cot as well.
  • He goes to bed now at 7pm (dad gives him 5oz of expressed milk) Not too bad least i get my bed back. He didnt even want the dummy last night . Lets hope it carries on. He still wakes at 2am and 6am for a feed. What routine has your lo one got for bed?
  • My lo has a bottle of expressed milk at 9.30pm and goes down after 10pm, then sleeps till about 4am, and then again onto 8am. She uses drinks anything from 5-7oz per bottle. Before the bottle, I top and tail her and read her a book.

My lo is 12weeks and weighs 10lb 2oz
  • well last night was even better he had 5oz 8pm straight to sleep then didnt wake till 4am for feed and then went straight back in his cot!

he is now 13 week and was 16lb 8oz at 12 week
  • gosh he's is a big laddie then.

i have tried putting Skye down earlier but she wakes up earlier during the night, probably cos shes tiny at 10lb 2oz at 12 wks
  • aww jacks now 17lb exac tly, had him weighed today.
    how is skye with daytime naps?
  • Gosh, what a weight, well done Jack. Its hard to believe he is breast fed.

Skye's naps are usually non existent unless I take her out in the pram. She does have a nap in the morning about 2hrs after being awake, but I really need to take her out to get her asleep in the afternoon.

I have had to stay in recently due to my mastitis and need to be near a bowl of water every 2 hours. So today, she got up at 9am, and despite my efforts this afternoon, only had a 10 min sleep at 5pm.

What about Jack's sleeping during the day?
  • pretty much the same lol! he normall has a sleep between 9:30-10am for 20mins another 20mins bout 12 then again at 4 ish but he wont sleep longer than 20mins unless out in his pram or asleep on me after a feed. Hope your mastitis gets better soon. Luckily i haven't had anything like that.
    My hv said he should be an advert for bf babies lol but his heights in the 95th centile and weight just under the 98th. think i just got a big baby lol