Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

ellesse wnts the breast bac pls help

Well leesy has been really unsettled these past few weeks and everytime i held her shed route. So last nite i put her to the breast and she latched on for 2 hours i cunt believe it and wen i took her off after she screamed does anyone know how i cud get my breast milk bac i spoke to bf team an they said keep putting her there cos if u stop u can relactate within the a yr of stopping i stoped wen she was 7 wks old. She is now 19 weeks has anyone else had this problem well it isnt a prob i think its quite sweet thts y i wnt to put her bac on even if its just her last feed at nite I thought it was strainge it was like she gone off the bottle i think she wnts the breast bac can sumone pls help xxx :\?

Replies

• hia hun how nice for you.I agree keep putting her to the breast and hopefully it will stimulate the supply,you could also try expressing and get something herbal to help your supply from a health food store xx
  • Keep putting her to your breast hun if she is happy sucking great and as long as you are not in pain that will help you milk return.
    let us know how you are getting on!
    best of luck!
  • A friend of mine has been taking domperidone, which is actually something prescribed for reflux! There is some slightly unofficial research which has suggested it can help with milk supply. She has found the results amazing, but a lot of doctors won't prescribe it for you because it isn't an official use of it. But she fell on someone the first time who did, so you could do some internet research and try that maybe...

Good luck.
  • Ah hon that's lovely that she wants the breast back! As long as you are happy to go back to bf, then I would say just keep at it! I have heard that the baby latching on and sucking is enough to get the milk started again.

Good luck xx
  • thnankyo for all your replys iv bin to the docs and he may be giveing me some tablets to start my milk off agin im waiting for him to ring me bac il let u no later i cant wait i hope i can iv missed feeding her so much thts wen my ond started cummin bac wen i stopped bf so who knows xx
  • tinkerbell.... how did you get on with the dr?
    i have also been thinking about putting baby back to the breast... even if its just a couple of times a day. she does go on occasionally and has only been on solely formula for 2 wks...... i was mixed feeding her from day 1. she is now 5 wks old!

xxx
    she's only 5 weeks.