Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

How long can you keep expressed milk for?

Hey Ladies!

Hope all is going well for you all?

I was just wondering so questions really, wasn't planning to express till baby was like 6 weeks - but I seem to have extra milk which is fab! image

I am expressing some so I can have an early night sometimes & Daddy can do the feeding...

Olivia is going thru a bit of a growth spurt & feeding all the time, I was wondering if I wanted to get a little store up so I could have an evening out with OH for our 7 year anniversary! image about 'saving up' my milk..

How do I store it? How can I use it ... i.e can you mix the milks together? how long can you keep it in the fridge? Freezer?

all info around this would be really greatfully recieved! I really struggled with feeding my first baby, so never expected my milk to come in so freely this time (not conplainly over the moon actually!) but just wondering what to do with it all now? & how I can save/keep it as I know it's like Liquid GOLD!! x

Replies

• Crongrats on feeding!

Just treat breast milk like "fresh" milk! you can keep it out for around 6 hours , in the fridge for about 4 days and in the freezer for a couple of months.

And yes you can add to frozen bottles as long as you cool the milk in the fridge first.

I hope this helps
    xx