Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

praise from the professionals

Has anyone else noticed that whenever they see a doctor/HV etc and are asked how they're feeding you get lots of praise.

I really love it, not one has failed to say 'well done', 'your doing a wonderful job', 'you should be very proud of yourself' etc etc. It's so lovely and it really gives me a boost every now and then to stick with it x

Replies

• Yeah, my HV is like that too. Toby's hospital consultant is like that too. He had an appointment on Thursday at just over 25 weeks and the consultant was really impressed with his weight to say he's a BF baby, 17lb 5oz!

It is nice to get praise from them, it makes all the hard wok at the start feel even more worthwhile.
  • I have found this too, it makes me laugh as I feel like I am back at school again and just got 10 out of 10 for my spelling or something LOL!!!

My little porker is still gaining quickly but I am hoping he will slow down soon as he is nearly in 6-9month clothes at only 11 weeks! Its costing me a small fortune in clothes as they only seem to last a couple of weeks!

• Well done us, A+ all round!x
  • Yeah its great I love it, the HV and GP always tell me how impressed they are that i have stuck with it.
    Actually when i asked my manager at work if i could pump if needs be he went on and on about how great it is that im still doing it and how impressed he was because he said that every woman he knows that has tried it only lasted a couple of weeks
    xxxx
  • It's not just hv's and gp's either. When I went to the family planning clinic last month in total 3 doctors and 1 nurse all congratulated me on still bfing at 11 months. It made me laugh as to me it's just normal now!
    xx