Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Looking to the future, milk banking

My lo is nearly seven months and has never had formula as I've been really lucky and not found feeding to difficult. We have discussed trying for a second within the next 12 or 18 months and I'm thinking of having a go at milk banking if the nearest bank will accept me as I'm a bit away, any one else considering this?

Replies

• Options
    I really want to! But as I've had a blood transfusion they won't accept me :\( Good luck, I think it's such a selfless thing to do.
  • Options
    I believe you can only donate milk until your baby is 6 months old as your milk changes as your baby gets older and the milk bank is for newborns and prem babies.
    xx
  • Options
    I've thought about this for 2nd time round as I'm hoping I'll be a more chilled out mummy when the time comes. when i was born (before they had any such think as milk bank) my mum was producing milk for prem babies in the scbu as i was on there for 10 days i think it was an amazing thing to do and am very proud of her i would like to be bale to say I'd helped a teeny bit in some way