Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sippy cup recommendations please!

I'm trying really hard to get my lo into drinking milk from a cup. She loves water from her tommy tippy, but I wanted to give her milk from something different because if I give her milk from the tt ones she just screws up her face in disgust.

I planned to use the no-spil cups, but she doesn't seem to really know how to use them, she'll suck but nothing gets through (her basic approach is to bf everything involving sucking).

Any recommendations for what works well with a baby who loves breast feeding would be appreciated (think I'm looking for magic solutions really image )

I'm pregnant again and really want to try and wean her ASAP (without making it traumatic) because I don't want her to be envious when baby number 2 is breast feeding later down the line.

thanks!

Replies

• I have had problems lately with this too. I had a plan of every BF I was weaning her off, I would go immediately to a sippy cup. The first one went well and I used a Tommee Tippee cup which looks like the bottles just with a sippy cup lid, if that makes any sense. Think it is marketed as from 4 months +. Then she got poorly and would only take her feeds from a bottle! Tried her back on the same cup and she was having none of it, so recently got one again from tommee tippee called Nuby. It is for 6months+ and it is more of a straw like sippy cup. Got mine in Boots and it is fab. My LO has taken to it really well and after not even a week feeding from that on one of her milk feeds she now holds the handles and has a go at feeding herself. It is also a non spill x