Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

admiration

i would just like to say how much i admire each and every1 of you who breastfeeds. when my baby was born, i was exclusively breastfeeding, but unfortunately i had to stop due to being put on medication for post natal depression. i would have loved to carry on bf, i really enjoyed it, and i really felt like i was doing the best for my baby. it has been made to my attention since that i could have had treament for pnd and still breastfed, but i was too ill, and still am. It really upsets me that i wasnt able to continue,and i really do think that any1 who is able to breastfeed, should at least give it a try, and if it isnt for you, then fair enough, i wouldnt judge any1 as my baby is on formula. Breastfeeding is best for your baby, there 8is no doubt about that, but formula milk is the best substitute, and it isnt poison!! when i see other mothers bf, it makes me so jealous, but i am also so happy for them as they are taking part in the most natural activity on the planet!

good on ya girls!!!

love grace and baby erica xxxx

Replies

• Thanks Grace, that was lovely of you to say. I had to give up bf'ing my last ds due to various reasons and it broke my heart, so know how it feels.

With this one I'm struggling on through - 3 weeks now and going better now.

Hope you start to feel better really soon hon and btw I admire you for your honesty in what is such a horrific illness. Little Erica is lucky to have you as a mum.

Hugsxx