Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My baby won't feed!

HELP!!
My 5 month old baby won't bf any more! I had to start mixed feeding at 16 weeks because my milk just wasn't enough for him and he needed a couple of bottles to fill him up. But now he's refusing to take the breast and screams and screams until i give him a bottle.
I'm not ready to give up bf yet and was just wanting to use bottles until i start weaning and can use solids to fill him up and combine bf and solids and miss out the formula altogether. I can't cut out bottles altogether because he'll be looking to feed from me every hour day and night which i just can't sustain.
What can i do to make him feed properly again?

Replies

• What number teat are you using? I went up to a number 3 which made my daughter not want to bf as she could get it out alot easier of a bottle. Maybe go back down a size?

• I'm still on the first size - I didn't want to make bottle feeding too easy for him for precisely this reason
  • maybe hes ready for weaning?if u started weaning a little early then he would take the breast then as you could cut out the bottles?just a thought,i know they say 6 months now but all babys r different and i am yet to know a baby that has managed to reach 6 mths on milk alone,hanna n baby grace x