Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Change in nappy

Hello girls

Well I am still breastfeeding at the mo, though I have mastitis now and so waiting to get some pills from the doctorI have to call him back at 4-30 today.

Another way Rose has been having problems passing wind it seemed, she has been going all red in the face and sounded like she was straining and her poos had been very runny and very very yellow. Last night I gave her a FF at 12-30am and then carried on BFing for the rest of the night. It normally takes me over an hour to settle her back down but after the FF it took 10 mins and she was out. She winded better than she ever has done as well and today she seems happier? Her poo's are different as well they are a bit darker in colour though still yellow but more lumpy, I am not really sure which is right?

K xx

Replies

• Both are right, it's just the difference in the milk. Because bmilk is so tailored to your baby there is very little 'waste' in it, so bfed poo tends to be yellow and quite runny. In contrast, formula has a lot more stuff in it that your lo can't digest, so their poos tend to be darker and a bit more solid, because she only had a bit of formula you are seeing something in between the two.
    Glad that you are getting treated for mastitis. If you can start the antibiotics today you will probably find that by tomorrow night you feel about a million times better! Just a quick warning though, you might find that Rose is a bit more windy while you are taking them. I doesn't effect all babies but when I had mastitis with my first she was a bit unsettled while I was taking the antibiotics.
    xx