Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What Are My Options?

Hi ladies, just looking for some options.

A bit of background - I exclusively expressed for 12 weeks, then mixed fed ebm and formula until now at 5 months. After being ill last week, I now only express twice a day, and I barely get 2oz per pump. I don't like mixing pumps, and as she takes 5 to 7oz per feed, I give her the 2oz ebm and the rest in formula.
Its a bit of a faff to do this, and I have a dilema about giving up the last 2 pumps. I want to stop completely so we can ttc again, and to free myself of the darn pump.

Now if I were to carry on pumping and getting 2oz, can I use this for wreaning? If I froze it straight away, how can I incorporate this into her diet better? Also, if I continue at only 2 pumps, do you think af will return any time soon?

Any ideas??

Cate and Hannah

Replies

• Options
    Hi Cate,

Is there a reason you express rather than feed directly from the breast? Sorry if thats too direct a question, I just know for me personally expressing is a nightmare!

Either way you can definitely freeze the milk you are expressing to use when you start weaning. You could add it to cereals or custard etc

I am exclusively breastfeeding and my son is 9 months today. My periods came back shortly after I started weaning - he was 6.5 months old.

We're now ttc too and I'm on my third cycle x
  • Options
    mine came back at 6 months and i exclusively BF, but my mums didnt come back till we were well over a year! Infact, she didn't even have a period between me and my older brother (2 years different) so i think it varies from person to person, but the average seems to be around 6 months xxxx