Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

donating milk

after my first i red about donating milk, but really didnt get on with expressing. iv just remembered about it and im going to register to do it. heres a website that tells you about it, just in case anyone else is interested. www.ukamb.org

Replies

• I donate milk to a local hospital who actually come and pick it up as I can't get to them very easily.
    I got a list of milk banks from google and was surprised that there was one locally as I didn't think they used donated milk anymore. I was getting desperate as I had been expressing from the start and lo fortunately didn't need it so my freezer was overflowing with EBM.
  • hi just curious as havent started breastfeeding yet, but who does the milk go to? is it for people who cant produce milk? sorry if the answer is really obvious
  • It is for premature babies in hospital I think xxx
  • yer it is, coz it so much better for them and all the anti bodies help stop infection. sometimes the mum might not be able to produce enough milk or sometimes if the labour is really prem then its to soon for then mums milk to kick it. i was shocked that 1oz will feed a tiny baby for 1 and 1/2 days.
  • wow, I didn't know..that's great.x