Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

do you give your baby a beaker with water?

even though this is my 3rd baby its my first time bf. its going really well and am enjoying it.

we have started weaning onto solids, only at lunch time. either baby rice or pureed carrott/apple/pear and lo loves it. i always offer her the breast afterwards, but was wondering if i should be offering her water aswell.

with my other two children they were having water by this stage but fm fed. my lo is 17weeks.

Replies

• Don't see any harm in offering it with food.
  • hey hun,grace loves her beaker with water in and i did start offering it with meals when i started weaning her but what i did 1st to make sure she had the right amount of milk was offer her the breast b4 her food which once she was on more solids she dropped herself.Now at 8 mths she has her 3 meals with water in beaker and 2 bf a day.Glad you are enjoying bf well done xxx
  • Hi i started introducing a beaker of water to my lo when he started on solids. I used to offer breast b4 solids to make sure he didn't cut on the milk too much. It took him a while to get used to using one but now he loves his water!.. sometimes i feels he enjoys it more than mummys milk some days! xx
  • Thanks for the advice.

I shall feed her bm before i give her solids at lunch time then try her with water!