Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

breastpumps - Avent or TT?

Hi ladies,

I have a while to go yet, but as asda has their baby event coming up was thinking about maybe getting things while the deals are there.....

Anyway, with my other two kiddies I used the AVENT manual pump, the TT one wasn't out then. Just wondering which one is best? is the TT one better than the avent one now?

Thanks

Replies

• I used both with my first and prefered the Avent - it was kinder on my hands and boobs!! Bought an electric Avent one for this time around but exclusively expressed for 7.5 months using manuals last time.
  • i only have the TT one but it has started to go a bit discoloured so am going to try the Avent one from Asda when on offer.
    I did also buy the TT electric one when it was super cheap and I think its pants, today its gone in the bin...other people say its ok but not me!
  • I had both and preferred the TT although me and DS both hated the TT bottles (I had to have him lying practically flat to keep the teat filled with milk so he didn't get bad wind) so I expressed into the TT bottle and then poured it into an avent bottle.
  • Hiya
    I can't comment on the Avent one, but I bought the electric TT one myself, at the last Asda Baby & Toddler event.
    I used it for a few days & it was ok performance-wise, however I found it very noisy. Our daughter is quite a deep sleeper, but it did disturb her and we found ourselves trying to bury it under cushions or the duvet, trying to suppress the noise!
    We decided to throw caution to the wind & buy the Medela Swing, as I had read excellent comments about it (including it being quiet) and it was on offer @ Mothercare. I am much happier now I am using this, so will have to try & sell the TT one on.
    Hope that helps in some way?
    Anna & Freya (2 wks & 4 days) xx