Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

BLOCKED MILK DUCT

Hi

When my LO was afew weeks old i noticed i had a lump in my breast, I went to the doctors and she sent me to the hospital and they all said it was a blocked milk duct as i was bfing. Nine months later i still have this lump i think it may have got a bit bigger. I've not had any pain with it and my LO hasn't had thrush.

I was just wondering if anyone else had had this and what happened as i don't really want to go back to the doctor and him thinking i'm a hypercondriac!!

Replies

• Hi
    I'm not a health professional so could be completely wrong, but that doesn't sound like a blocked milk duct to me. I think it would have lead to mastitis long before now. To be on the safe side, I think you should see your GP again. Breast lumps are just one of those things we shouldn't take lightly.
    Anna
    xx
  • From my limited personal experience I would expect pain from a blocked milk duct, quite severe pain too which should last only a matter of days.

Due to this, I'd head back to the docs, just to be on the safe side and don't worry about what they think, if it's a concern for you, it's a concern for them!

Good luck xx
  • Thank you for your replies, i think i need to visit the doctor again,i just needed to be told!!

Thank you