Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Would you buy a second hand breast pump on e-bay?

Just wanted people's opinions - there are loads on there for 99p, but they don't seem to have any bids on?

Don't know whether its worth listing it or just binning it?

Replies

• Yes I would infact I am looking for an electric one right now but they all seem to shoot up at the end and I dont want to spend that much if I can help it.
  • i dont use mine. i have never been able to express. its an electric tommee tippee one, if anyone is interested let me know image lol, who needs ebay!
  • I was advised against using a second hand pump. Apparently there are inner parts that don't get steralised. Not sure if that is true.
  • I would, but I'm quite 'relaxed' about things like that :lol:
  • I would, surely everything the milk touches is sterilised, otherwise even if the same person used it then it couldn't be cleaned properly. I'd do anything these days to save money though, I reckon the only thing I wouldn't buy second hand is a car seat or maternity pants! x x x
  • yes i would!! haha. having said that i did buy mine new as i needed it urgently - day 3 jordan boobs! enough said. If you dont sell it on ebay it may be worth freecycling it or donating it to your local breastfeeding group x
  • I bought mine on e-bay. It was a medula mini and it came with a travel bag, a cooler thing that you keep in freezer and then put between bottles to keep cold, 6 bottles, 2 new teats and also 2 new inside valve bits. I can't remember exactly how much I paid, I think it was about ??35.
  • hiya tottie,

Ive just been in pregnancy forum and asked people what they thought about breats pumps etc and everyone seems to say the same thing!! DONT get an electric one as they hurt and are very noisy!! everyone inc relatives of mine recommend a manual pump!! they express alot easier and are more comfortable!! PLUS they are much cheaper!! tommee tippee are selling their manual closer to nature breast pump plus some added in extras for ??12.49 on sale and ive got a promotional code for an extra 25% off if your interested!! better than getting a second hand one if your not sure and saves you money if you dont or cant end up using it!!! image

hope that helps

Amber
    xxxx
  • Ooh, sorry to disagree 3timeluckymummy, I tried a manual pump first as it was cheaper and managed to express nothing at all. Ended up spending more money as I then had to buy an electric one. It can be a little uncomfortable sometimes but generally its ok and I usually get a decent amount.
  • Well girls, thanks for all the replies. I did put it on e-bay in the end, it was only an Avent Isis manual pump - put it on 99p, and it was bid up to ??1.10 ;\)

I did add a bit on the postage as well though, so made an extra couple of quid on top! Better than binning it I suppose!

Funny thing was I got a few queries from places like the Czech republic and Latvia, asking how much to send it there? It would have been at least ??15!! Wondered if they were hard to get hold of in Eastern Europe?

xx