Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Nursing strike! also in baby

Hi,

I wondered if anyone has any experience of this.

My DD is nearly 8 months and has refused the breast since yesterday morning. When I fed her in the night she would only take one breast then bit me which she never has before, then the same happened again at her morning feed. Since then she won't even try and suck, she just cries and pushes away.

I'm pretty sure its teething as she is pulling her ears and has a nappy rash, and today she won't even chew most of her toys. I am going to take her to the docs to rule out ear infection though.

I have been expressing and giving milk in her doidy but shes not taking nearly as much as she would normally. Luckily she is eating her solids.

Has anyone else been through this? Can you give me any positive stories as I'm feeling quite worried and also upset. I know its irrational but I feel rejected!!

Replies

• sorry havent experienced this but im sure as long as she is eating her solids that its nothing to worry about, teething is probably the reason for it. mention to the health visitor or doctor though and good luck