Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

i am done .... advice plz?

i cannot do the breastfeeding anymore, she wont feed from me but i have just found she has thrush in her mouth poor little mite, and i cant express more than 5 oz a day now, so she is unfortunetly on formula but how do i stop my crappy useless boobs from hurting? do i continue to express a little?

thanks in advance

chleo and lacey almost 7 weeks xx

Replies

• Options
    Well done for sticking it out as long as you did. As for your boobs, yes, do express, but gradually do it less often, I dropped a 'feed' every 2 days and it was completely painless for me to give up. I've also heard you could take a low dose of paracetomol or ibuprofen to help with the discomfort.

Hope the thrush clears up soon, life can be tough for newborns sometimes can't it?

Corinna x
  • Options
    Well done for carrying on for as long as you could! When i stopped feeding my son i gradually dropped a feed a day and replaced it with the bottle and i didnt suffer too badly at all. Also i'm told by people who have chosen not to BF and want to dry their milk up asap, savoy cabbage leaves in your bra helps (weird but i'm assured it works!) and using epsom salts in your bath. You may want to double check those though as i've not personally tried them! My lo and i both have thrush at the mo, so i feel your pain xxxx
  • Options
    Hi hun,
    Well done for going as long as you did, you tried your best and your boobs are not crappy and useless. Sometimes people run into problems through no fault of their own. You have given your daughter the best start and you should be proud of that!
    In regards to the milk Corinna andlynz pretty much said it all, cool flannels might help the discomfort, I used them when i was engorged
    Gill
    xxxx
  • Options
    If your LO had thrush in her mouth most likely you have it in your nipples/boobs too and might be your source of pain. I'd get yourself checked. Hope youre ok./