Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

Anyone not leaked while pregnant but still successful B/F?

Well the title says it really.

I am 33 weeks pregnant today and so far by boobs have not leaked even a drop of milk even though all the books have mentioned this happening in previous weeks.

I am now worried for some mad reason that my body is going to let me down and not produce any milk and therefore I won't be able to breastfeed.

So am I panicing for nothing or is it something I should worry about. Is there anything I can be doing now to help with breastfeeding?

Replies

• Don't worry!! I never leaked a drop either time I was pregnant. I fed my 1st lo till she self weaned at 10 1/2 months, and I'm still feeding number 2 at nearly 18 months. Please don't worry, I'm sure you will be absolutely fine, some people just don't leak!
    xx
  • I never leaked at all and after max was born at 34 weeks excklusively bf till 10.5 months when he self weaned so yes it is easily possible - don't panic! image
  • I never leaked in pregnancy and had the same thought as you, now i leak ALL THE TIME and it drives me nuts, I seem to have too much milk for my little one, so dont worry not an indicator!

Inka xxx
  • Thanks everyone - you have put my mind at rest!
  • i never leaked either. have had 2 babies and was the same in both pregs. fed dd1 for 6 months and still feeding dd2 at 12 months. so do not worry!
  • me, i didn't get any milk until after baby was born, and came in properly around day 4 (c section took a bit longer), i mix fed ds from 3 weeks old until 7 months, and only evgen leaked at all in the first 3/4months and that was only really at night xx
  • I never leaked in pregnancy and only stopped bfing at 13 months. =) Like Cornetto, I only leaked a couple of times, stopped using breast pads very early on as there was just no point!
  • I never leaked in pregnancy and then leaked everyday for 6 months - until solids were established!!??
  • I never leaked in pregnancy and haven't since bf. The only time a few drops escape is as my LO is about to latch on.
    You will be fine

MJx
  • I did leak, but only from about 35/36 weeks. Once my LO arrived and the milk came in I had more milk that he knew what to do with and we're still going with BF 6 months later!