Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

She has lost weight :(

Hi Girls,

I have moved to the UK from Germany for a few months and have only just found out where to get Amber weighed. The last time I wieghed her was 7.11 and today she has dropped a few ounces since the last weigh in? I am a bit confused really as she always puts weight on and it has been nearly 20 days since I got her weighed. I was expecting her to be over 12lb now as she was 10 11 at last weigh in.

The health Visitor has advised to b'feed her more and offer top ups of ebm and formula and see how it goes, I have b'fed her for a long time and I am happy if I have to move her over to formula as I want her to thrive and maybe my milk is just not enough for her :cry:

She has been a bit consipated lately which the health vis said could be a sign of not getting enough milk, is strange seeing as she feeds every 2/3hours in the day and every 90 mins in the evening, I know there is enough milk as I still get some out after a feed.

Any ideas girls?

Amy xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi unless she has suddenly become unsettled or obviously hungry, I would say that you probably have more than enough milk for her. One reason could be difference in scales (my first baby had slow weight gain and was weighed in the hospital then at home 20 minutes later and there was nearly a pound difference on different scales). Also, I weighed my 3rd baby at the beginning and end of a week when she wasn't feeding very well and she had lost a pound but she fed better the following week and had put the pound and more on. Weight flucturates for a number of reasons.
    I would leave the top ups and introducing formula unless you really feel she needs it (just bf more often) and get her weighed again next week then decide what to do based on that weight. x