Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I'm now officially mixed feeding....

.... and my goodness haven't I had a good old cry about it!

Lily will need to be on a bottle for when I go back to work (Sept officially, but I'm doing a few days in July to get back into the swing of things) and as it's just not practical or necessary for me to express for her daytime bottles I've decided to give her formula during the day and just bf first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

Tried it today and she took to it no problems, much to my surprise and sadness (but also relief).

Don't get me wrong - this isn't motivated by any kind of prejudice against formula feeding - it's the physical closeness and her dependence on me I'll miss, that's all (and the convenience - something else to remember to take when we go out during the day). My baby is growing up :\(

Replies

• aww , Im now mix feeding too as I only planned to feed jack for 6months due to returning to work.
    It does make those bf's now extra special but also gives others a chance to have that bond of feeding lo too.
    Jacks now down to 2 feeds from me too and has rest formula. and he seems to love having a bottle!
  • I have just started mixed feeding too. I have dropped a cople of feeds but I don't want to give up totally as I really enjoy it and he still prefers it.
  • hi ya!

Glad to hear it is going ok and sorry that you will miss it.

JUst wanted to give you a different option in case you were interested. Max was also Dec born and I was back to work in Sept and he would not take a bottle so I just cut his feed through the day down and swapped for snacks so that by Sept he was only on 2 feeds a day.

I am glad you lily is taking the bottle though!

And go you for still going! image