Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

poorley with a cold

my baby is eleven weeks old and has his first cold. this is my first child and is very distressing.
has anyone elses l/o had a cold yet ??
and any advice on how to ease his symptoms ? how long it wil last etc ??
im also breastfeeding and i thought this was supposed to help decrease the risk of being poorley ??
any advice would be much appreciated
many thanks Happy

Replies

• Options
    Awh bless, hope he feels better soon. It shouldn't last too long, probably only a day or two. We used to put a karvol vapouriser in Millie's room but I'm not sure what age they are suitable from so maybe check with your chemist. The other things that we found helped were putting a book under each leg at the top of the cot so she wasn't quite flat and putting a wet towel on her radiator. As it dried it made the room more humid which helped sooth any cough. Bf does help with their imune system, you will probably find that he picks up less bugs than if he was ff but unfortunately it doesn't protect them completely!
  • Options
    thanks for the advice image
    ive put him in his car seat to sleep so hes more upright, have given him some calpol and got some saline nasal drops although i dont know if much has actually gone up his nose
    as i said, its his 1st one and is so heartbreaking not being able to do anything image
  • Options
    Try putting a karvol capsule on a muslim square then lying it under the bottom sheet of the cot it will help keep his nose from getting blocked. Elliott had a really bad cold at 6 weeks and we ended up putting him to sleep in his pushchair as he slept better more upright and he got worse before he got better and I bf him too, just unlucky I think hope he gets better soon x
  • Options
    thank you tigger for the reply
    so you can use karvol cpsules from birth ??
    how long did the cold last ?