Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

ouch!! ive stopped b/f and it hurts :( help!

hi girls. following my recent post of trying to switch tegan onto formula... i have now completely stopped breastfeeding as she is taking formula milk great out of a new bottle ive given her. but now my boobs really hurt, its so painful. should i carry on to express some to relieve the pain? or deal with the pain? have you got any tips for this?

thank you x

Replies

• Oh express definitely! You won't be expressing lots so your milk will still slow down and stop! It's crazy to put up with the pain!
    xx
  • When I stopped BF I expressed enough to give me some relief because I didnt want to get mastitis and I didnt. I never expressed enough to feed my lo so I just chucked it away.
  • Don't laugh.....cold green cabbage leaves in your bra! They soothe and help draw the milk out. Also bathe in bicarb of soda and use hot flannels. I never expressed with my 3 when stopping as cut down previously but my boobs hurt for 2-3 days. Hubby was well impressed with my jordan-esque figure (well, top half!) but no way was he going near them!
    Hope your discomfort is minimal x
  • haha alioli thats what my oh said too! im going to go straight to the shops in the morning to buy a cabbage! my sister also recommended that, i did think it was a bit odd but hey its worth ago. i mite express some later as i have given up b/f all at once so im absolutely full and a bath only seems to relieve it for half hour or so.... thanks for all the help girls image xx