Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Upset tummy - will my milk supply be OK?

Hello ladies

Not a very nice subject I'm afraid! I've had a dodgy tummy these last couple of days and right now even water is going straight through me. I've had a bit of toast just now (first thing since very small lunch at 1pm) and am trying to keep up on my fluid intake but my 6-week old is having a bit of a growth spurt at the mo and rarely going longer than 2-3 hours between each feed so I'm concerned I won't be able to supply enough milk for his needs. Has anyone else experienced this and was everything OK?
I'll be off to the docs soon if it carries on of course!

cheers in advance!
xxx

Replies

• Options
    U should be fine so long as u keep up with tyour fluids love,your milk will be made from your reserves of bodyfat (im not saying u r fat btw lol ) if u can try the rehydration drinks and a very bland diet of apples,bananas r great for after the squits,bolied rice and plain dry toast,once you feel beta clear soups and then pig out to get your supply boosted by eating lots of porridge,rice pud and cake u will need to re stock x
    get well soon
  • Options
    Hi just wanted to share my similar experience with you. I had a horrid bug that left me throwing up and dashing to the loo (tmi sorry). My son was only 2 or 3 weeks old at the time. I ended up going to the docs and was given rehydration drinks. The doc told me to carry on feeding my son as normal. He was fine and is now a big lump of a 2yr old.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    K + K(3 day old booby monster)
  • Options
    I had a tummy bug a while ago and worried about the same thing but it was all ok. If you look at my other topics you will see what people suggested to me.
    Hope you feel better soon x
  • Options
    I had a dodgy tummy last week for 24 hrs, kept bf my ds and he was absolutely fine. believe it or not coke is good for settling down your tummy, as is 'live' yoghurt. As the others have said try and keep your fluid intake up.
    hope you feeling better xx
  • Options
    Thanks girls. As it turns out I was incredibly lucky and just after writing that post my son went for 6 hours between feeds, then 4 hours then 5 by which time I was back to normal! It's almost like he knew! What a relief...now if only he could do that every night!
    xxx