Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

electric breast pump

hi all

just wondering what the thoughts are on electric breast pumps as apposed to manual?
i have started using manual but finiding hardly any comes out so just wondering if electric are better and which ones are best?
any thoughts|?

thanks

xxx

Replies

• Grrr BE ate my reply!! I can't vouch for how effective it is as I will have to wait another 10 wekks, but I have just bought the Tommy Tippee Closer To Nature Electric Breast Pump as Boots are selling it half price - ??40 down from ??80. Bargain. I have read that electric pumps are more effective. Fingers crossed!!
  • Grrr BE ate my reply!! I can't vouch for how effective it is as I will have to wait another 10 wekks, but I have just bought the Tommy Tippee Closer To Nature Electric Breast Pump as Boots are selling it half price - ??40 down from ??80. Bargain. I have read that electric pumps are more effective. Fingers crossed!!
  • i love my electric pump! i started off on TT manual (this was before they did the TT electric) and i got on ok with it but i found it time consuming. I bought the medela swing and i think it's fab. i got more out in less time too. i'm not sure what the TT one is like - i think it's fairly new. xxx
  • I have the medela mini and it is absolutely fab!! Got the starter set from mothercare for ??80 which is expensive but it takes me 10 mins to express a feed and a half! Haven't tried the manual ones though so nothing to compare it to sorry hun

xxx