Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

6 month baby and pregnant again

hi i just wondered did anyone still breastfeed whilst pregnant again i dont want to stop till my baby is one which would be about 2 months before new baby is due x

Replies

• Options
    Hi & congratulations. I continued to breastfeed my lo who was nearly 10 months when I found out I was pregnant. I continued for another 7ish weeks (just short of his first birthday!) but really had to give up as was so ill with morning sickness. If you feel you can it's fine to continue bf whilst pregnant although apparently alot of babies can be put off when the colustrum comes in your second trimester. Good luck. x
  • Options
    hi there,i too am pregnant and have a lo just over 8 mths old.I am still bf her and also hope to continue till shes at least 1.I have been told by my midwife that its absolutly fine and you can even tandem feed as your body somehow knows which baby is feeding!!i have also read that some babies have been put off by the colostrum but suppose will just have to wait and see!congratulations on your pregnancy xxx