Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

new baby need advice??plz??

I have a week old daughter she is feeding for about 30min and sleeping for about 4 hours in between and 5 at night!!is this normal, should i be waking her? she has put on weight and her nappies are wet and a proper colour for her age, what should i do, i dont want to starve my baby but surely she would wake if she was hungry?advice is much needed?thanks.

jstar

Replies

• congrats on your little girl Jstar! I'm sure you are doing fine, she would be crying a lot more if she was hungry and you would know about it!! The advice i think, is not to leave more than 4 hours in the day so thats ok. she may well change this when she has a growth spurt etc, so just be prepared to feed on demand and you will be fine. Sounds like you're getting some nice rest time, so make the most of it hun!
    xx
  • well done you're doing brilliantly, ask your HV but I'm sure if weight gain is good and lots of wet dirty nappies etc then they'll say don't wake her, 4 - 5 hrs sounds fine - make the most of it, lol!! x