Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

BF when weaning

Just wondering how often in a day do you BF once your LO is on 3 meals a day to make sure they have enough milk. My ds is 5 months and I am about to start weaning him but want to get the balance right with solids and milk once he is weaned.

Replies

• i havent started yet but i am next month.

i wld continue to offer the breast and baby will lead you on whether they want it or not xxx

at first you are just offering a spoon of food once a day - so you shld be giviing him same amount of breast milk at first....once you increase let yr baby lead you. it is hard though isnt it - always worrying and making sure baby is getting enough!! xxxxxx
  • Dont worry-your baby will guide you. Don't try to reduce milk at all to begin with, the food will just be extra but once baby is on 3 meals and a morning/afternoon snack you'll find the breastfeeds will really drop. As a rough guide, my lo is now 10 months, he went onto full meals pretty quickly and now has:

6am-bf
    7.30am-brekkie
    10.30-snack followed by small bf
    12.30-lunch
    2.30-snack followed by small bf
    4.30-tea
    6-porridge
    6.30-bf

It will all fall into place naturally xx