Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

Proud I've managed 9 months and still going!

I know that quite a few of you ladies on here have fed your lo's for longer, but I just wanted to say how proud I feel that I've fed my lo for 9 months and we're still going strong!! Even though she's got teeth and cheekiness now!!!

I was really worried before I had her that for some reason I wouldn't be able to feed her, I was paranoid that my small bust size would be a problem - but they went from an A cup to a DD and have fed her brilliantly. Also when she was newborn and feeding ALL the time, I thought 'Hell, I'm never going to manage this!' Really didn't think I'd manage 9 days, let alone 9 months.

So really this post is for any mommies to be looking on this forum, to say stick with it and it is so worth the effort in the early days!

Rachael & Ellen

Replies

• Hi - just wanted to say well done - my lo is 11mths now and still has 2 feeds a day. She is my 3rd but the 1st I bf, so I know how you feel.

Well done again

Sam + Violet xx
  • congratulations to both of you,i hope i can feed my beautiful daughter for as long as you.She is 10 weeks old and we r enjoying breastfeeding,although its very tiring when shes having a growth spurt we r gonna stick at it for as long as possible xx
  • Well done!!!! brilliant, I have not long finished feeding Isaac he is 15 months now and have to say i did feel very proud of myself but also a little bit sad that he finished. Give yourself a big pat on the back. x
  • Well done you image
    If we make it to Sunday then I've have done the same!!
    Are you planning on stopping anytime soon? I've just posted a reply to siandonna's post on here......in a bit of a muddle about what to do and how to do it....anyway...well done again, it's a huge achievement - and a huge benefit for your little baba and you xxxx
  • Hi well done,
    I have bf all 3 of my children all for over a year and i have to say that they hardly ever get ill. When all the other kids are dropping like flies with tummy bugs mine (touch wood) never get it. They are all very healthy. This is, i feel ,because of the breastfeeding so stick with it its not always easy when we are tired and the only ones who can do the feeds but think of all the benefits. xx