Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advice please

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for gatecrashing, I no longer bf Tamzin. Just wondering if you could give me any advice for my sister. Her baby is almost 3 weeks old and she has been bf him, but it was always something she was uncomfortable with. She has done brill to do it for this long but she is now in agony . Her boobs are really swollen and painfull, I have told her to take regular paracetamol but is there anything else she can do? Is there anything she can take to speed up the procces of her milk drying up?

Cheers

Kerry xxx

Replies

• Apparently sage is good for drying up, should be able to get it in tablet form in any health food shop, or just cook with loads of it! Not tried it myself (yet) so don't know how effective it is but I've seen it on several websites.

Corinna x
  • hi there,tell her to put chilled savoy cabbage leaves in her bra.Not v attractive but apparently helps relieve them a bit! there are herbal things you can get to help dry the milk maybe try googling it im sure you will find an answer there xx