Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

new mum needing advise in this heat and with Infacol

Hello,

Mym baby boy is 6 days old and so far the breat feeding has been going well. Still get a bit of pain but its getting better and my milk came in ok, and he is feeding regulaly.

Its just today that he has started to be sick, quite a bit and after each feed. I wonder if it because its so hot here today but after he is sick he starts to look for more milk.

Am I right to just keep giving it to him - even if he just chucks its up?

Also we have been using infacol as he gets terrible wind. Do you use it all the time before everyfeed?? or do you use it occasionally? Im not really sure how I should be using it?

I am determined to keep this up as I really want to breastfeed, and I think I have been through the hardest bit where I wanted to give up but stuck at it... but could really do with some advise from some experinced mums..?

Thanks

Charlotte x

Replies

• Hi, I would use the infacol at every feed as it takes a few days to build up and work at its best. He is probably bringing up the milk with his wind, if you have been using the infacol then that will be helping him bring his wind up. Unless he is bringing up the whole feed I wouldnt worry too much about it, Isaac was a really sicky baby and he always looked for more milk even if he had been sick, I think he was a bit of a greedy boy lol. Keep it up you are doing a great job. xx
  • God that sound familiar! Barney is 4 weeks tommorrow and has spent the whole of today throwing up. He definately seems worse because of the heat but I can actually hear his stomach churning, as soon as he is sick he starts to winge for another feed! Good luck with the infacol, it never did much good for either of mine but when they get to 4 weeks you can use gripe water which is fab!
    xx