Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

Losing weight while bf

Hey everyone,
I've been doing weight watchers for the last 11 weeks and lost nearly 20 pounds. But now i'm finding that the weight isn't coming off. I actually put on half a pound last week and haven't lost anything at all this week by the looks of it, even though i'm sticking to the diet.
Has anyone else found this has happened to them? I've been mixed feeding for the past few weeks, and baby takes about 3 feeds from me a day, so i take 5 extra points a day to cover this.
Any ideas anyone????

Replies

• Maybe you need to put your points down by 1-2 because you are feeding less? I know you have probably already reduced it but as time goes on your body will start to lose weight more slowly! Well done on your weight loss- a lot better than me!
  • I've already reduced points from 10 for exclusive bf to 5 for mixed feeding. Wouldn't mind weight loss slowing down, but to gain weight while on a diet - where's the justice!!!
    Gonna be hard to stick to it if i'm putting on weight - not much incentive to resist the cheesecake!!!
  • I haven't weighed myself since the birth 3 weeks ago. I don't know if I've lost weight, but my tummy went down back to normal within a week. I've still got baby weight on my thighs and bum. I'm always craving sweet things though - might be to do with breastfeeding. Might have to cut this out before baby weight comes off!!

Weight loss isn't easy. Well done for the amount you lost. It's normal after big weight loss for the amount you lose to slow down. the half a pound you put on is nothing to worry about, it's probably muscle gain. Carry on with your diet and the weight won't come back/