Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Want to breastfeed but worried about size of my boobs!

This may sound completely ridiculous but.... I was a 36H before I got pregnant and at 14wks I'm a HH. (god knows what size they will be later and where I'll get a bra!) My boobs are definantly not the most pert and infact due to size are incredibly saggy.
I really want to try breastfeeding but I'm worried that becuase my boobs are so saggy, and nipple is so low down I won't be able to manage to breast feed. How will I get breast and baby in correct position ?
Has anyone else had a problem with this is or is worried about it. Am I worrying about nothing or will I have problems ? thanks Suz x

Replies

• Hi. I'm 36 weeks and can't work out whether to bf or not - I feel quite uncomfortable about the idea sometimes and wonder whether this is down to having big boobs. Mine were a 36G before pregnancy but now are a 38GG/H so they haven't increased as much as some women's do which I'm thankful for. They are *fairly* pert but only as much as huge boobies can be! I think you can get nursing bras which zip open, and just show the nipple rather than having to get your boob out. I'm still funny with the idea though, especially as in my circumstances I won't be getting any privacy! xxxx

http://bd.lilypie.com/IzQX0/.png

• It's amazing just how normal it becomes after you start! I was very pro-breast-feeding but was doubtful about feeding in public during my pregnancy. However, I've mastered the art of discreet feeding and have never had any negative reactions when out and about. If you wear a stretchy vest under whatever top you are wearing, you can keep that in position and just raise your outer top a little, that way you don't need to show any jelly belly and the top of you is covered too. I really encourage anyone keep going. It's hard at first, but get involved in a support group, it really helps. Your reward will be you baby's first milky smile!!
  • Hi,
    I was a 34E before I got pregnant when I was breastfeeding I was a 36H. My boobs weren't that pert and I have quite small nipples. To bf I had to support the breast underneath with my free hand when feeding so that my lo could latch on. I have just stopped feeding now and my boobs are down to a 34F so they do shrink down in size again! Hope this helps,
  • My milk has been in for a week but still waiting for full cream in 2 weeks time. My boobs are really big but hte only 2 problems I'm having are getting nursing bras in my size and also I have to hold my boob off of my LO's nose or he can't breath!!!