Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

BITING!!!! ARRRGH!!!!

Hi Ladies,

Just wanting some advice about how to stop my 9 month old little girl from biting whilst feeding. She only as to bottom teeth but she scrapes them along the bottom of the nipple and pulls!! Ow!!! She seems to do it if she's not really wanting to feed - but I've just tried to give her, her bedtime feed and she's doing it. Now my nipples are sore and I'm thinking she's going to do it again if I go in and try to feed her. She's crying because she hasn't had enough milk!! And now I'm stresssed!!!

I've tried not reacting, tried pushing her face into the breast so she lets go to breathe, tried pulling her off and she just giggles!!

HELP!!! Please advice needed!! Really want to continue breastfeeding - but not to be used as a teething toy!!

Rachael:\?

Replies

• we are still going through this and its normally if chloe is playfull when i try to feed her. the only was i have delt with it is not to offer her a feed and wait til she is really wanting one and doesnt mess about. sorry its not much help, but its not just you getting it, chloe has 6 teeth too
  • Thanks siandonna,

That's exactly when Ellen does it! I let her cry for a bit tonight, until she sounded quite upset and then went back in and tried again and she fed well and fell asleep and is still sound! I'm going to try cutting out her afternoon feed and see if that helps.

Little monkey thought it was so funny and if it hadn't been painful I'd have laughed too as her face was so cute!

Thanks for the supportive comments - we women really do go through it for our kids don't we!!

Rachael