Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

33wks

Just a quickie... many e-mail alerts are saying that the breasts may leak anytime now... Should i be worried if their not? does it mean it'll be harder 4 the baby to feed at birth if i don't show any signs b4 hand?
:roll:
Many Thanks

Replies

• Options
    Hi, I honestly can't remember any leakage during my first pregnancy and had no problems with baby feeding straight away & my milk supply was fine. I think everyone's different so try not to worry.x
  • Options
    hi my name is tasha im 16 and im 20weeks preg wat i want to no is dose it hurt wen u breastfeed can any one tell me
  • Options
    Lisa welcome to the forum mine leaked a tiny colostrum around 38 weeks but it doesnt mean if yours dont youl have problems, you milk should come in just fine when you have bubs and remember for the first few days you will only produce small amounts of colostrum which is enough for your baby so dont worry about that your proper milk doesnt come in til about day 3.

Tasha welcome to the forum, I wont lie to you the first few days MAY be a little sore whilst your nipples get used to it, but with a proper latch breastfeeding is painless and an enjoyable experience

Gill
    xxxx
  • Options
    my boobs leaked from early on with both mine, but i know plenty of people whos havent and they have fed fine.

and bf does some times hurt for the first few days until your milk comes in or if yuo don =t have the baby latched on propperly but most of the time it is completely pain free, enjoyable relaxing, a great way to bond with your baby and completely free. xx
  • Options
    mine didnt leak whilst pregnant and it didnt affect my supply at all,i had loads of milk and we r still bf 8 mths on!

tasha-if baby is latched on well then you shouldnt have any pain although the 1st few days whilst your nipples get used to the baby feeding and you perfect your positioning you may find they are sore.Id get a good nipple cream or you could just express a little milk and rub it on them to soothe xxx