Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

anyone else with a 15 week old

Hi, I reallly just looking for someone to compare notes with. I have been exclusively breastfeeding my son. Lately though he seems to be feding alot more he has always been a good eater and has gained weight well. He feeds the same as he did in the morning but is having at least one extra feed in the afternoon and isn't sleeping as well in the day or at night anymore either. He had been going down at about 9pm and not waking till about 4.30am but that been out the window lately. He's waking about every 2-3 hours again. I feel abit like I gone backwards ;-( this is my first though so really don't know what normal! Also I think he's teething hand in mouth and lots of dribble lol. Do you think he might be wanting more food for comfort?

any opinions would be helpful if you have had or having the same.
xx

Replies

• Options
    Hiya,

Teagan is 15 weeks tomorrow and is going through a smiliar stage. She is having breastmilk (although by bottle) and has gone from 5oz every 3hrs, so regular that you could set your watch by her, to anything from 3-6oz every 2-4hours. She is also dribbling loads and chewing on anything in sight and generally a lot more grumpy than she's ever been. I look forward to every nap for a break from her whinging and crying, she's really hard work at the moment.

Hope it gets better soon for both of us!

Corinna x
  • Options
    hey,

my li is now 20 weeks but.........she went through a similar phase and I think it was a growth spurt. All babies have lots of growth spurts during thier first year but apparent;y it is more noticable with bf babies.

If you are not sure if they are hungry or not try giving them thier dummy if they have one or just a cuddle.

It does settle down - I thought it never would but over the past week she has started to only wake for 1 feed - last night I got 6 hours continuous sleep for the first time since she was born!

He could also be teething alongside the growth spurt - I would highly recommended teething powders to help with this!

Lisa
  • Options
    hi my lo is 16 weeks and has gone from sleeping 6.30 till 6.00 to waking twice a night for a feed....this has been going on for over two weeks now so i finally crumbled and have started trying him on some baby rice. i know its earlier than recommended but neither of us are enjoying the sleepless nights and he is a big lad.....still waiting for him to actually eat enough to make a difference tho, at the moment most of its ended up all over me and him rather than filling his belly.
    its so disheartening when he cries during the night i really hope we get back on track soon, im shattered!! x