Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The extreme bfing society!

Who wants to join?

I have just (yesterday) got back from two weeks in Mallorca and while I was there I ended up feeding Barney in some really odd places. It got me thinking, what is the most bizare place you have given your lo a bf?

My three best were
On a tourist tram in Soller
Sat on the floor in front of one of the big tanks at Palma aquarium
And my best, whilst standing in the queue to have our bags x-rayed at Palma airport!

Replies

• I want to join! only been breastfeeding two and half weeks so may need to build up some places but so far... on bus and on bench by river thames.

also had first experience of people being rude about bfing was in cafe and two old ladies started whispering and then started to declare in was indecent.... so gave Ella an extra long feed! huh!

I aspire to be able to feed in a queue!
  • What is indecent about feeding your lo?...it would be indecent to let the baby starve...nosy old farts!

I haven't fed her anywhere that unusual yet...only resturants, cafes, and once while walking around in Debenhams on a shopping trip and no one battered an eye lid.

I haven't received any looks or comments as yet touch wood. It might be the area? I'm in Stoke-on-Trent...people tend to be friendlier up north :\)
  • I've stopped Bfeeding now but i did feed at a bus stop once at night so i was all lit up haha and on a bus when lo was a few weeks old. i'm not very strong so could never feed standing up but would have loved to feed in a que

if i have another baby i know i'll be much more confident and will strive to feed wherever.
  • my daughter was screaming for a feed and we were in a traffic jam so i leaned over car seat in the traffic and breastfed whilst she was in her car seat, it was difficult and my back killed after but hey ho my lo was hungry lol xx

and whilst waiting for car to have tyres fitted in the service office, i did get a few stares and my oh said 'yep thats right my lo is hungry, and she needs her magic milk ok' he's really happy our daughter is breastfed bless him lol xx

Tracey n Caitlin
  • no where unusual yet.....just....

doctors waiting room
    car park outside tescos while dh did the shopping - we only wanted a few bits and I knew if lo woke up shes cry for food I stayed in car and when she woke up I just fed her
    sainsburys car park (crying at end of shopping so left dh to pay while I sat in the car and fed
    oh, another car park - shopping centre car park - we were early and shops hadn't opened so fed lo while waiting
    and again in the car in the car park of stables where my mum keeps her horse.

I think I must have a thing about feeding in the car lol - find it more comfortable and clean than some feeding rooms i've been into!

we went to a wedding reception last sat evening - I was working out where I could feed - not the car as it was cold outside - and was shown to a room not being used - very kind of them

• oooooh me me! image

i've fed Ollie in a cafe, in a+e (waiting for hubbys bitten through finger to be dealt with) erm, at the gps, in the car in numerous places, and actually fed at the top of a small mountain at beacon tarn.

Feeding isnt so adventurous - i've expressed in more unusual places than fed (blame going on honeymoon without baby) - at the top of vesuvious.... in the airport loos, in a restaurant toilet, just outside of pompeii, in a public loo on the isle of capri.....
    on a ferry....

xxxx
  • lol, great idea!

I don't think I really qualify to join yet, haven't really been anywhere adventurous since lo was born. I'll definitely try to follow S.Y.'s example and feed at the top of a mountain somwhere, I love walking!

So far i've only managed a couple of parks, a pub beer garden and a restaurant. I haven't had any negative comments yet, touch wood.

Tracey- that sounds so uncomfortable leaning over the car seat- lol!
  • Oh fantastic!!!

I have fed in the car, on a park bench, on a bus (not good when going over a ramp :lol: ), in the day room of a nuero ward and in a and e, but the best place is probably whilst I was watching my daughters sports day on the school field.
  • i have fed in all sorts of places, on a bus in loads of parks the doctors waiting room, in cafes, where ever she needs feeding she is fed. x
  • Me, me, me - I love this post! I have fed as others have in restaurants, cafes, in the cinema, while standing up outside the loo on an intercity train (no one would give me a seat GGGGGGGGRRRRRRR!) in the stands at a rugby match, on an airplane, in Styall gorge, in a small chapel on the freezing Farne Islands (went to see puffins and it was the only place to sit down!), on the beach, in friends front rooms etc etc etc

If I think of any more random ones I'll get back to you all.

I will never forget the first time I met up with3 of my antenatal class friends once we had all given birth (all due the same day but 2 months between oldest and youngest babies!) at one of their houses and we all sat around in the front room and bf together - it was a real visualisation of how much all our lives had changed!
  • Yummy Mummy - I'll have to keep a look out for you next time i'm 'up Hanley duc' & wondering around Debenhams...I'm in Crewe & sometimes venture that way! I didn't have any negative comments when I BF either - maybe it is a Northern thing?!

I've BF in the car, Mothercare stinky room (in Crewe), airports, doctors waiting rooms, cafes, friends houses, wedding reception (where a drunk relative wrenched him off me as she didn't realise he was feeding & she wanted a cuddle! image ), town bench, aeroplane, Monsoon changing room - half way through me trying on outfits for LO's Christening! Nowhere really adventurous though...maybe we should start a list of places as an 'aim to feed here' kind of thing! ;\)
    xxx
    http://bd.lilypie.com/F4kYp1/.png

• OMG I love this!!! My first two weren't Bfed long enough to be fed in really random places (unless you count benches in lakeside and basildon, i refused to use the dirty disgusting mother and baby rooms) But i now cant wait to have this baby so thay i can find out where i'll end up feeding!! One thing i know for certain, school playground is a MUST:lol:
    Oh and i will aspire to a q, but it may take some practise!!
  • Great post!!!
    We've done the usual I guess,
    Pub
    Restaurant
    Cafe
    Beach
    Mountain
    Plane - on the way to Toulouse and Portugal (and the way back!!) joked about getting me a t-shirt printed "I GET THEM OUT AT 30,000 FEET" hahaha!!!
    But the best for me has to be Old Trafford, crowd of over 68,000 too :lol:
  • When I was still teaching a parent came to pick up thier eldest while bf thier new baby and it me ages to realise why she said I couldn't have a cuddle!!!
  • I've been reading this thinking tomyself that I had nothing to add because I haven't really fed him anywhere unusual.

Then I realised I've actually bf him while DOING something unusual so thought I'd put my pennerthworth in!

I'm a beauty therapist and have my own treatment room at home. One day a friend of my daughter's came round to have her eyelashes and brows tinted. I told my dh that I was going to go into my room and that I'd be finished in around 20 minutes and he'd need to look after our two week old lo. I also reminded him that our 4 year old needed picking up.

Anyway, getting on with the treatment and I just applied the tint and set the timer for 10 minutes when I heard lo wailing from in our lounge. Lo carried on crying and so I went to investigate to find my dh had left to pick up our 4 yr old and had left the lo as he was asleep.

Now, eyelash dye is even more potent than hair dye and needs precise timing so I'm now panicking as I have a client on the table and a screaming baby. I whopped him on my boob to see if a quick fix would do but as I got down to a 2 minute countdown I had no choice but to stick him in my Freedom sling and bf him while I took the dye off and finished off the treatment!

My dds friend obviously had her eyes closed but could hear him slurping and smackng his lips.

Needless to say I had to give her a big discount for that one and beat my dh extremely hard when he got back!!xx
  • on a cable car in hastings, at the sea life centrein hastings while sum burke gave a lecture on great white sharks felt bad as no one was able to hear him over lucas yummy noises he sounds like meg ryan doing the harry met sally bit!!! lol