Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What do i do??

I'm in a bit of a vicious circle at the moment and i'm really struggling to get out of it.
My lo is 19 weeks and has been quite a good feeder. She's had cold after cold this year so far and is teething too. When she had a cold she'd wait in a morning until her nose had cleared to feed. Unfortunately this meant her feed was just before naptime, and the other feeds too then coincided with naptime. Hence she's now got into the habit of only feeding when she's tired. She won't even feed now unless she's in her sleeping bag with mittens on.
Even when she's really hungry and crying she'll only have a minute or two then come off and refuse anymore until naptime.
She now doesn't feed that well during the day but feeds very well through the night and bang on every three hours.
I know she's fine but i really want to try and turn this around.
I've tried just refusing her feeds at naptime but she won't sleep if she's hungry and just gets more and more tired and hungry. I feel so mean as well, not lot letting her feed when she's so hungry.
Any suggestions would be great!

Replies

• im so sorry u have got into this pattern.It sounds as tho she maybe has her day and night a little muddled up.I dnt really have any advise but didnt wanna read and run sorry xxx
  • cld you put her in her sleeping bag when shes not tired and try then (youve prob tried that) have you tried feeding her in a different room or even in the garden now weather is improving, sometimes change of scenary can help.

Sorry not much help you will prob find it improves when you start weaning which isnt too far away

goodluck
  • Thanks for your replies. I think i'm getting there.... i've been quite brutal this weekend and just refused to feed her and employed all my tricks to get her to sleep without being fed; i think i'm starting to see the light in the tunnel again.
    I'm slowly getting her used to feeding in other rooms, its still a bit difficult as she's so super nosy she doesn't feed well with distractions. The car she's actually quite happy with, but if she can see toys in the lounge i know i'm lost!
    I've just started giving her baby rice now (on advice from my HV as my milk supply is so up and down and she might settle a bit more once weaned) and thats going down a real treat. Can't get enough o f it! And thats in the lounge when wide awake so probably helping.
    Anyway, thanks again!