Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

She is point blank refusing the boob at some feeds????

Hi Girls,

My lo is 10 weeks and 3 days old and she has started, over the last few days, to refuse the breast! She just screams when I put her too it, I have checked her mouth and no white bits at all so couldnt be thrush, my boobs are fine too, not sore at all. What could it be?? I had to give her formula. I just didnt know what to do yesterday she cried and cried until my hubby gave her 4oz of formula. I sat in the toilet and cried my eyes out as I dont want to give up, I am too bloody stubborn! lol!!

So she will take it now and again - any ideas ladies?? I posted on here about my super fast let down relex and too much milk, could this be why as its started to regulate and doesnt spurt as hard as it used too (still goes for it though).

Any advice/ideas would be fab, thanks girls.

Amy xxxx

Replies

• just out of curiosity does lo have a cold at all?when grace was 5 weeks old she had a cold and wouldnt feed from me for a day and screamed whenever i tried but she would take ebm from a bottle.I was told that it was because its alot easier to get from the bottle and cuz she was all snotty couldnt breath v well when bf.She was fine again the day after,hope all gets better soon xxx
  • Hi hun,

Yeah she has had a cold for a while now, snuffles and a cough, been using nose drops and she is now feeding a lot better. So relieved. Is annoying as I am at my mums and have no ebm here, must get pumping lol!!
  • glad u have found the reason y she wouldnt feed,i was also told to put a little snuffle babe on my breast when she fed so it sould help her breathing.It is horrible when they dnt feed,i ended up in tears thinkin id have to give up feeding her myself and here we r stil going strong and shes 6 1/2mths!! xx