Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

When/how to stop??

Hi, I really hope someone can help me as this is getting a bit embarrassing!
My little girl is 15 months old now and still bf 3-4 times a day and I can't seem to wean her off!! She is eating solids well and drinking from a cup but seems to need to bf as a comfort or to get off to sleep.
My 2 older boys stopped quite naturally around 1 year old so don't know where I'm going wrong.
Any advice would be appreciated! xx

Mims xx

ps is it weird to still be bf a 15 month old?? I don't mind myself, but wouldn't dream of doing it in public!!

Replies

• Hi snap!!! My daughter is 2 today and I am still feeding her 3-4 times a day. If it is weird then I am weird too but then I'm not really bothered about what anyone else thinks. I did think we'd stop at 1 but we were both happy and I couldn't think of any reason to stop so we carried on and again I can't think of any reason to stop today. I haven't really tried to stop at all so I guess we'll just carry on for now
    You are the same as me with 2 older boys (mine stopped bf at about 11 months) and now a little girl. How old are your boys? xx
  • Hi Arg thanks for your reply, glad I'm not the only one! My boys are 7 and 4 and they were both bf for 1 yr. I've got my little girl now, and not planning any more, so I suppose its ok to carry on for a bit! It's just that she hasn't really reduced the amount she bf for months now - so I'm wondering will she ever wean herself off !?
    xx