Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

help owch

hi i have a 3week old son who is very hungry feeds all the time so much that he has put on a pound n 50z already!!! only issue is suddenly my nipples are really sore i know tmi im using lanisoh cream bloody expensive stuff n its not helping. i think hes latching on properly but it does look like i have lots of tiny blisters. could it be thrush??? i was told it might happen as im on anti biotics for a womb infection. itsw really getting me down hubby thinks its because ive changed breast pads? any ideas i really want to keep bf

Replies

• not sure on this one but if you bsuspect its thrush you n eed to get it checked straight away. another sign is if you lo has white spots inside there mouth
  • with thrush you also have pain deep inside your breast tissue when you feed... get it checked out if you suspect it is.

If you've been told it might happen then i would go back to the docs anyway and ask what you can do about it - when i had cracked nipples i put a bit of bmilk onto them and that helped them heal faster than cream did.

it could also be that the nipples are toughening up from constant use......

hope you feel better soon
    xxxxx
  • thanks guys it was thrush got cream for me n gel for luca still v painfull but at least im on way to cureing it